About The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation (VPTLI)
The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation (VPTLI) is responsible for:lind
- Promoting and advancing teaching and learning at Columbia University
- Administering the Provost’s initiatives in teaching and learning and online education, including the RFPs for Hybrid Learning Course Redesign and Delivery Grants, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) Grants, Large-Scale Teaching & Learning Grants, and Start Small! Mini-Grants
- Supporting schools, colleges and departments in offering new and extending existing courses and programs to audiences around the world
- Reviewing new and existing online and hybrid degree and non-degree programs
- Proposing, reviewing and disseminating policies on teaching and online education
Columbia Online is Columbia University’s central resource for students, faculty, alumni and staff to access online courses, programs, initiatives and tools, and to share best practices in leveraging online and digital technologies to enhance teaching and learning. Columbia Online is a university-wide effort coordinated by the Office of the Provost.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) partners with faculty, students, and colleagues across the University to support excellence and innovation in teaching and learning. The CTL is committed to advancing the culture of teaching and learning for professional development, curricular enhancement, and academic support through its programs, services, and resources.
The Columbia Science Of LEarning Research (SOLER) initiative aspires to become a vibrant hub for cross disciplinary research at Columbia that we hope will make invaluable contributions to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Columbia Engineering Coding and Data Analytics Boot Camps equip learners with the specialized skills needed for careers in web development and technology and the booming field of data analytics.